How do I get a conviction off my record?

If the judge ordered a Deferred Imposition of Sentence on a traffic violation you will need to contact the court on/after the deferral period. A clerk will be able to grant the deferral if the balance was paid as ordered and there have been no new violations. Within a few business days the state will remove the points associated with the conviction from your driving record. Deferred criminal charges require the defendant or their attorney to request in writing that the deferral be granted. Certain government agencies will still be able to see record of charges but not the general public. The court is of limited jurisdiction and cannot expunge a record but defendants may petition in a District Court to have the physical and electronic record of a conviction destroyed.

Show All Answers

1. When is my court date?
2. How do I get a refund on my cash bond?
3. There is a warrant out for my arrest, what do I do?
4. Where do I go if I have a ticket from the Montana Highway Patrol or Flathead County Sheriff's Department?
5. Can I always just pay the fine no matter what the charge?
6. How can I get my conviction expunged or removed from my record?
7. What are points and what is this ticket going to do to my driving record or my insurance rates?
8. How do I get my ticket dismissed?
9. I can’t afford an attorney and don’t qualify for a public defender, can I represent myself?
10. I'm supposed to appear in court today, but I can't make it. Do I have to appear?
11. The judge ordered restitution to me. When will I get that money?
12. What are the court's surcharges used for?
13. How do I get my scheduled court hearing moved to a different date?
14. How do I request restitution (as a victim)?
15. What do I need to bring to court?
16. How do I get a conviction off my record?