How do I get my scheduled court hearing moved to a different date?

Defendants who are represented by attorney should request their counsel file a motion to continue on their behalf.
If you represent yourself (Pro Se) you may motion the court in writing to continue a scheduled hearing. Clerks can provide you with a form to complete, and there is one on-line, which should be brought to the City Attorneys so their office can indicate on the motion whether the continuance is opposed by the prosecution or not. Your motion should indicate how much time in weeks you are asking for and why. The motion should be signed and dated by the defendant and filed with the court.

Show All Answers

1. When is my court date?
2. How do I get a refund on my cash bond?
3. There is a warrant out for my arrest, what do I do?
4. Where do I go if I have a ticket from the Montana Highway Patrol or Flathead County Sheriff's Department?
5. Can I always just pay the fine no matter what the charge?
6. How can I get my conviction expunged or removed from my record?
7. What are points and what is this ticket going to do to my driving record or my insurance rates?
8. How do I get my ticket dismissed?
9. I can’t afford an attorney and don’t qualify for a public defender, can I represent myself?
10. I'm supposed to appear in court today, but I can't make it. Do I have to appear?
11. The judge ordered restitution to me. When will I get that money?
12. What are the court's surcharges used for?
13. How do I get my scheduled court hearing moved to a different date?
14. How do I request restitution (as a victim)?
15. What do I need to bring to court?
16. How do I get a conviction off my record?