Business Improvement District Board - Tourism
This board has one vacancy for a representative from a small or medium property within the district.
Meetings generally occur the fourth Wednesday of the month at 3 p.m. at the Kalispell Chamber of Commerce, 15 Depot Park.
- Robert Hall - Holiday Inn Express (Large) - Term expires: April 30, 2027
- Britta Joy, Springhill Suites (Medium) - Term expires: April 30, 2026
- Skyler Rieke (Small) - Term expires: April 30, 2025
- Zac Ford, Hampton Inn (Large) - Term expires: April 30, 2026
- VACANCY (Medium or Small) - Term expires: April 30, 2025
- Bryce Baker, My Place Hotel (Medium) - Term expires: April 30, 2024
- Steve Blazer, Hilton Garden Inn (Large) - Term expires: April 30, 2027
The Tourism Business Improvement District Board (BID), with confirmation by the City Council, shall appoint seven owners of property within the district to comprise the board of trustees of the district. Members must be appointed for a term of office of four years, except that a vacancy occurring during a term must be filled for the unexpired term. A member shall hold office until his successor has been appointed and qualified.
Four-year terms to be staggered.
Montana Code Annotated 7-12-1102 describes the purpose of said business improvement district to "promote the health, safety, prosperity, security and general welfare of the inhabitants of the City of Kalispell and the proposed district." The appointed Board of Directors of the BID serve as the executive body to express the policy of the BID and to direct the administrative staff that may be hired to handle the day-to-day functions of the BID.
The TBID was originally created in 2010 with Resolution 5425 with the regulations of the district created with Ordinance 1675. In 2019, Resolution 5954 was passed renewing the TBID for an additional 10 years beginning July 1, 2020. Ordinance 1833 was passed to establish the regulations for the new TBID.
Members must own real property within the district.
For More Information